It all starts with education
In order to make an impact in our community, we believe that it is imperative to educate our youngest community members. What better place to do this than in their schools every day! We have dedicated our zero waste schools program to creating living zero waste classrooms in and outside of a building.
Educating and empowering the next generation to be conscious of their waste is the key to creating zero waste communities.
Think your school is ready to begin it's zero waste journey?
A wholistic approach
We are currently working in school districts every day across Rochester in cafeterias, at special events, and in classrooms. We believe that it is crucial to the success of a zero waste school program to work with your teachers, administrators, parents, and most importantly, your students in the creation and implementation of the program.
Our Zero Waste School Programs
- Initial waste audits to generate baseline data
- Zero waste policy creation and adoption
- Zero waste procurement advisement
- Waste stream diversion strategy
- Waste hauling management
- Regular metric collection and analysis
- Zero waste school events management and staffing
- Zero waste cafeteria programs (staffed or un-staffed)
- Zero waste training for teachers, administrators, staff, and parents
- Classroom presentations and workshops
- Monthly zero waste reports
- Coming soon: Zero waste elementary curriculum